What to expect
During your first visit to Legacy Dental Group will involve a dental checkup including:
- Comprehensive Oral Examination
- Your dentist will do a routine exam of your mouth, which includes an oral cancer screening.
- Complete Periodontal Charting
- We measure each tooth to be sure you have the appropriate bone and tissue to support proper oral health. It is a very simple procedure, however, it provides very important information regarding the health of your gums and bone.
- Digital Panoramic Image
- This image gives us a complete of all the soft and hard tissue of your oral cavity. It takes less than one minute to complete and our state-of-the-art equipment reduces the amount of radiation to which you are exposed by 25 percent. On average, this image is updated every five to seven years.
- Digital Bitewing Images
- We will take four bitewing images so that the dentist and hygienist can see hard-to-reach spots in the back of your mouth. These images are essential because this is one of the most common spots in which decay develops. On average, these images are updated every one to two years.
- Thorough dental cleaning
- As it is appropriate for you, one of our professional hygienists will see you following the exam. If it has been a while since your last dental visit, a more intensive cleaning may be needed. The doctor will determine this before they begin and discuss your options with you if more advanced work is required. Once they are done we will set you up with your next appointment and have you on your way!
Upon completing the examination and charting, and reviewing the images your dentist will discuss any findings with you and explain any further treatment that may be necessary. Our dentists welcome your questions and concerns.
We will make every effort to obtain your previous dental records and images from your prior health care provider.